How to Make a Label for Your Diary
If you have a dull cover on your diary, adding a label can make it look a whole lot more interesting. Or, maybe you want to make a label as a decoy, so that nobody twigs to it being your diary. Whatever the reason, there are some fun ways to make labels for your diary.
Full size diary front cover label
Find a full size sheet of printer paper.Cut the paper in to size and shape of the diary's front cover.
Decorate the paper.You could glue on a pattern from paper pieces in your favorite color and decorate with glitter, or you might like to glue on pictures or photos that you like. Keep it neat and interesting.
Draw on the cover if you like.You might like to add geometric designs, anime faces, neat objects. Put your personality on the cover of your diary.
Add your name and personal information.This is optional but you might like to make it obvious on the cover, or at least add the words "My Diary".
Finish decorating.Now start writing!
Paper label for your diary
Select a size for the label.Decide where the label is to go on the diary and choose the measurements. Use these measurements for the paper piece you're about to create.
Choose suitable paper.There are many options here, just be sure that whatever you use is durable enough to serve as a label. Some of the possibilities include gift wrapping paper, construction paper, old cards, printer paper, craft paper, a paper doily, etc. Recycle where possible.
- Layering of different kinds of paper is another possibility.
Choose a paper shape.The shape possibilities are endless, so here are just a few suggestions to help you decide:
- Use a simple geometric shape, such as a rectangle, a square, an oval, etc. You can also round off or indent the corner edges for added flair.
- Use a luggage label as the paper shape. Draw around it on your favorite paper and cut out the design.
- Use a stencil, such as of an animal, a flower, a letter (your first initial maybe), a tree, a favorite object, etc.
Draw or stencil the chosen shape to the paper.Cut out the label shape, taking care to keep its true form intact.
Attach the paper label to your diary.Simply glue it in place where you want it. Allow to dry.
Write on the label.Add your name, a message or simply "My Diary", as wished.
- To prolong the label's life, consider covering with contact paper or sealing with a clear drying sealant such as Mod Podge.
Cloth label for your diary
Choose some fabric or cloth for the label.Scrap fabric is ideal, or you might like to buy a special piece of fabric. Calico, cheesecloth or muslin will work too, for a more rustic and simple look.
Cut the cloth to size.Do you want the cloth label to cover the diary's front or just fit into one area of it? Decide, then cut it to size.
Decide how you will decorate the cloth.This might be by using fabric markers or stitching with thread. Both ways will look great. You could even combine the two approaches. Some suggestions for decorating include:
- Stitching a design or message on the fabric using embroidery thread and embroidery stitches; be as fancy as you like, including making knot roses, three-dimensional flowers, etc., or keep it very simple and naive-style.
- Use fabric pens or paints to draw and paint a picture and any words. You could draw an animal, add a poem or a saying, or create a pattern, for instance.
Attach the cloth label to the diary.Glue it in place, taking care to smooth out any wrinkles or bubbling that might form.
- If wished, cover with Mod Podge to seal. However, this will change the texture of the fabric considerably, so be sure you want stiffened fabric before doing this.
Done.The diary will now have a nice texture and and old-world charm.
- If you're not too keen to make a label from scratch, check out print-off options online. There are many possibilities available on craft and other sites. Or, you can just print off a picture of something you like, cut it out and paste it onto your diary as a label.
Video: Amazing Way To Make Neck Label Designs For Blank Shirts
What Causes Brain Fog (7 Things You Can Do to Prevent and Stop It)
Dance Moms Star Abby Lee Miller Sentenced to One Year in Prison
How to Open a Door with a Credit Card
Kate Middleton and Prince William given key Diamond Jubilee roles
15 Most Popular Casual Outfits Ideas for Men 2019
The SpringSummer 2015 Accessories Edit
Gallstones: The Obesity Connection
Why These Women Are Boycotting Ivanka Trumps Brand
Spot on Brexit tweets that will make you laugh through the tears
The Define the Relationship Talk—Now, Less Awkward