How to Turn Off WhatsApp Notifications on Android
This wikiHow teaches you how to disable WhatsApp notifications on an Android. You can either block all notifications from your device's settings or only turn off some of the notification options, such as the Notification tone or Popup notifications.
Blocking All Notifications
Open your Android device's Settings menu.The Settings app will typically look like a gear or wrench icon.
TapApplication Manageror .In your Settings menu, find your device's applications menu and open it. This is the same menu where you can disable or uninstall apps on your Android.
- On most Android devices, this option will appear as "Application Manager" or "Apps", but it could have a slightly different name on some other devices.
Scroll down and tapWhatsApp.This will open theApp infopage for WhatsApp.
Disable all notifications.Depending on your device's model and current software, you might have to uncheck a box sayingShow notifications, or slide a switch sayingBlock notifications.
- If you see aNotificationsmenu on the App info page, tap on it, then slide theBlock allswitch to On position.
- If you don't see a Notifications menu on the App info page, look for theShow notificationsbox towards the top of your screen, then uncheck the box.
Confirm your action.Some devices will ask you to confirm that you want to disable notifications. In this case, tapOKorConfirmto save your settings. You will not see any WhatsApp notifications on your Home screen or your Notifications tray anymore.
Customizing Notification Options
Open WhatsApp Messenger.The WhatsApp icon looks like a green speech bubble with a white telephone in it.
Tap the Menu button.This button looks like three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of your WhatsApp Home screen. It will open a drop-down menu.
- If WhatsApp opens up to a conversation, the three dots button will work differently. In this case, tap the back button to go back to yourCHATSscreen, then tap the Menu button.
TapSettings.This will open your WhatsApp Settings menu.
TapNotifications.This option is next to a green bell icon on the Settings menu. Here, you can customize all your notifications and turn off the ones you don't find useful.
Uncheck theConversation tonesbox.Disable all conversation tones by unchecking this box at the top of your Notifications menu. This option will stop playing the chat sound when you receive or send a message in a conversation.
Customize yourMessage notifications.Under the "Message notifications" heading, you can turn off or change your Notification tone, Vibrate option, Popup notification, and Light notifications. These settings will apply to all your personal chat conversations.
- TapNotification tone, selectNoneand then tapOKto turn it off. Your device will now stop playing a sound when you receive a notification.
- TapVibrateand selectOffto turn it off. When you turn this setting off, your notifications will not vibrate your device.
- TapPopup notificationand selectNo popupto turn it off. This way, you will not see a popup notification on your device's Home screen when you receive a new message.
- TapLightand selectNoneto turn it off. This way, your device's notification light won't blink when you receive a new message.
Scroll down and customize yourGroup notifications.You will see a separate section to customize your group chat notifications. You will have the same four options as your "Message notifications" in this section to turn off or change yourNotification tone,Vibrateoption,Popup notification, andLightnotifications.
Scroll down and customize yourCall notifications.You can turn off or change your Ringtone and Vibrate settings for calls you receive on WhatsApp.
- TapRingtone, selectNoneand then tapOK. Your Ringtone option will now be set toSilent. Your device will not ring when you receive a call on WhatsApp.
- TapVibrateand selectOffto turn it off. When you turn it off, incoming WhatsApp calls will not vibrate your device.
QuestionHow can I change the type of notification I see?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can change the notification type in your phone's general settings.Thanks!
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How to Hide WhatsApp Notification Easily - सबसे आसान तरीका
When your mind writes checks your body cant cash
25 Super-Healthy Lunches Under 400 Calories
Linguine with Chicken, Spinach and Mushrooms
How to Get Married in Georgia
This stylish leather wallet charges your phone on the go
Best Comfortable Jeans For Curvy Women
How to Feed an Eclectus
Childrens Company Slammed for Selling High Heels to Babies — Yeah, You Read That Right
Heart-Healthy Family Diet Tips
How to Become a Millionaire
Laura Whitmore’s Secret Weapons for Amazing Summer Skin